Routerlogin.net | Login to Your Router
To log in to your WiFi router, follow the steps given below:
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- In the address bar, type router login net.
- Press Enter.
- A login window will open.
- Type the username and password.
- Click on the Log In button.
If you face any issue while logging in to your router, feel free to contact the experts anytime.
Router Login Requires Proper Installation
The very first thing for the sign in is the proper router installation. So prior to accessing the login page, make sure you have done the router installation accurately. Given below are the proper guidelines for the installation:
- First things first, connect the broadband modem to your router via an Ethernet cable. Check the cable connections, they should not be loosed. Thereafter, proceed to the next step.
- Next step is to power cycle all the devices – the computer, modem and the router. After the devices get booted, execute the next step.
- Router installation is done now. And it’s time to navigate to the router default IP page. Thereafter, follow the onscreen instructions and complete the setup.
However, if you’re unable to get to the router web user interface, refer to the troubleshooting section below.
Unable to Log in to Your Router?
Can’t log in to your router? Or the default routerlogin.net not working? If yes, then for you, this section is a great help.
Things to Remember Before Login
Sometimes, users are unable to access the default web interface page due to these three common mistakes:
- Incorrect login IP: Many users mistype the web URL due to which they get redirected to other websites instead of the login portal. So enter the router’s portal address carefully to the URL bar.
- Make accurate configuration of the Router: Sometimes, users try to access the setup wizard without configuring their router to the modem and computer. This also results in the login issues. So make sure to properly configure your WiFi device with the computer and modem.
- Web browsers must be updated: Keep your Browsers updated. Outdated web browsers always fail to open the setup portal. That’s why ensure to check your web browser.
All these are the common mistakes that result in login errors. Avoid doing these.
Once you are on the routerlogin.net page of your router, you will have to enter the username and password. The smart setup wizard will guide you with these on-screen instructions for the WiFi device setup:
- Click on the “yes” button and then tap on “Next.”
- Make settings as per your requirements and tap on “Save” button.
- Check your Router Connectivity by using the “Start” option.
Now you’re all set to access the router web user GUI. Here are the further steps:
- Open any available web browser and log in to your device.
- Use your access credentials. These credentials are case sensitive so better be careful while typing.
- Welcome to the settings portal of your device. Modify the settings as per your needs and hit the save button.
Cheers! Now, your router is ready to use. However, in case you failed to setup your router, take reference from the below section for troubleshooting tips. Or else, get in touch with the experts for prompt solutions.
This section contains the Troubleshooting tips for various router issues. These tips are very beneficial for those who are facing issues during router setup, whose router is not working even after a successful setup, and for those who wish to enhance their home network security. There can be “N” number of issues that you might face with your wireless router. Given below are the troubleshooting tips for each of these issues.
If you have successfully configured your router with the modem and computer and you’re all set to access the default page, here are some tips that you must keep in your mind prior to execute further steps:
- There should be a visible distance between your router and the modem. By doing this, you are ensuring that their WiFi signals are not clashing with each other.
- Most of the routers come with external antennas for efficient connectivity. If you have also got these antennas with your router, then first connect them with the router.
- If you have a bundle of WiFi devices in your house, you must turn off the devices that are not in use for the time. This is because if all the devices are connected to the WiFi at a single time, you may face signal strength issues.
- Last but not least, you must ensure that your router is getting adequate power supply so that you won’t have to face any interruptions.
If you’re not getting the access to your router, then these are the steps you must try:
- Check the web browser that you’re using, it should not be outdated. Also, clear the cache memory, cookies, and history and then try again.
- If there is some VPN connection or another proxy setting is active on your network, disable them. Also, check the Firewall settings.
- Reboot your network connection and power cycle your modem, router, and other connected devices.
- If your device is connected to the Internet via a WiFi connection, try establishing a hard-wired connection using an Ethernet cable.
- If 192.168.1.1 is not working for you, try to access another IP i.e. 192.168.0.1.
- Disable the unwanted Firewall settings, ad-blockers and other extensions from the browser. Then restart your browser and try again to access the login page.
Still facing the login issues? Contact the experts right now!
Changing the router net login credentials offers great help in enhancing the home network security. A strong password will keep your network secure and protected from intruders. That is why users must keep changing their passwords at regular intervals. However, you must mark these guidelines while changing the password of your router:
- Go to the web browser, and navigate to the router’s sign in page.
- Use your admin password to sign in to your device.
- Tap on the “Advance” option.
- Thereafter, go to the “set password” option under the “Administrative” section.
- Lastly, change the password as per your need and save it for the future use.
Tip: These steps are also helpful when your password not working.
There are various useful tips for improving your router’s working capacity. Usage of these tips ensure that you won’t face any trouble with your router and getting the optimum performance of your device. These tips are:
- Using the external antennas that came with your router enhances the WiFi range. By using these antennas, you will never have to face the dead zones in your premises.
- Always keep the firmware of your router updated. Never miss updating the firmware of your router as the firmware update improvises the working capacity of the device.
- For maintaining the security of your home network, you must change the default router login credentials.
- For better performance of your device, you must also adjust the Channel Bandwidth of your router.
- If you‘re able to adjust the channel bandwidth accurately, you will be able to improve the internet speed for your home network.
- Last but not the least; you must place your router precisely to a location where there is not any type of interruptions such as walls or other objects.
- Also, there should not be any other interference generating gadgets placed near to the router. These gadgets include microwaves, ovens, etc.
If you come across any type of technical issue, contact the highly-experienced technicians right away.
If you are getting slow internet issues even after a successful installation, then changing the MTU size of your device can offer great help. Here are the adequate steps to do so:
- Get access to the sign in page. Keep in mind to use the address bar instead of the search bar.
- Fill the accurate admin credentials precisely.
- Once you are logged in to the settings page, go to the “Wireless settings” section.
- Modify the Maximum Transfer Unit (MTU) as per your need and click “Save”.
- Thereafter, open the command prompt (“cmd” window) and ping for google.com-f-1600.
- Now again navigate to the “WAN setup” under the wireless settings and specify the size for MTU for your device.
- Finally, click on “apply” and you’re done.
Other things you can try for Slow Internet are:
- If you are connected hardwired with the router, remove the Ethernet cable from both router and the device.
- Plug the cable back in after a few seconds. Make sure the Ethernet port is in working condition and cable connections are finger-tight.
- Next thing to do is power-cycle the modem and the router. Power-cycle means plug out the power cable from the gadget and connect it back after a few seconds.
- Check the cable connections between the router and the modem. All the cable connections should be finger-tight.
- Try different bandwidth. If your router supports both the bands – 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, try the alternate bandwidth from the one that you’re using currently. For instance, if your router is set to 2.4 GHz, try the 5 GHz band.
- Avoid radio interference from other wireless networks, microwave ovens, and the cordless telephones.
- Absorption or reflection of signals by walls also contribute in dropping of signal strength. Hence, you should place your router wisely in a less congested and concentric location of your premise.
Still getting slow internet? Worry not! Just contact the veteran experts and get instant solutions.
There are countless issues that you might encounter while attempting to set up your router. Here is the list of all the possible issues that you might face:
- Router not working.
- IP admin password issues.
- IP access issues.
- Parental control issues.
- Browser installation issues.
- Firewall blocking issues.
- VPN issues.
- Slow WiFi speed access issues.
- Problems with Android and iPhone connections.
- Lost credentials issues.
- Resetting or recovering password issues.
- The trouble with default sign in credentials.
- Issues with troubleshooting.
- Mac and Windows Router setup issues.
- Blocking and unblocking issues for router network.
- Port forwarding issues.
- DNS issues.
- Firmware and software issues.
Get instant solutions to all such issues by getting in touch with the experts.
Sign in issues with the device become a headache sometimes. But resetting your router to default settings offers great help to resolve almost every issue. Here in this section, we will guide you with how you can reset your wireless router to the default settings. There are two ways of doing this:
Resetting using the setup wizard
With these steps, you will be easily able to reset your router to by-default settings:
- Use any of your web browsers to sign in to your device.
- Type in your login details carefully when prompted.
- Make sure you’re using your router’s credentials, not your WiFi credentials. These both are unique, but most of the users think that these are same.
- After the successful login to your router’s settings portal, navigate to the “Setup” section.
- Locate the “Reset” option in this section and tap on it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and you’re done.
Resetting using the Reset Button
There is a reset button on the backside of your device. It’s located in a tiny hole so you will need a paper clip or any pin. Locate the hole and using the pin, press the reset button for a few seconds. Wait for the lights to light. Now your device is reset to default settings.
Can’t reset your router? Connect with the experts and fetch instant solutions.
Router’s advanced settings include:
- Changing your Password.
- Updating the Firmware of your Gadget.
- Modifying the Maximum Transfer Unit (MTU).
- Setup Parental Controls.
- Manage various sign in issues.
- Configuring router as the Access point.
- Setting up Extender with the Router.
There is a plenty of advanced configurations possible and updating the firmware of your router is one among them. Updating the firmware timely helps improve the performance of your router. Here are the adequate steps to update your Router firmware:
- Check the all the available update for the routers.
- If there is an update available for your router, download it.
- Next, pair your router to a computer or laptop using an Ethernet cable.
- Open any web browser and log in to your device.
- Use your credentials to log in to your gadget’s settings portal.
- Here you need the click on the “Advance” section and then tap on “Administrative”.
- Click on “update the firmware.”
- Select the downloaded updated firmware file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the updating process.
- Once the firmware gets updated, reboot your router.
That is how you update the firmware of your router using the check button. However, you can also manually update the firmware. For that, use these steps:
- Go to the Download Center and download the firmware for your device. Save and unzip the downloaded file.
- Now connect a computer or laptop.
- Further open any web browser and go to routerlogin.net portal.
- Go to the “Advanced” section under the “Administration”.
- Tap on the button that labeled as Router Update and then on “choose” file.
- Select the file and upload it to the router.
On the off chance if you are unable to update the router firmware, make sure to get in touch with the experts.