Can’t Access 192.168.1.1 Router Login IP Address?
|The wrong IP address has been used||Your web browser is filled with cache|
|Too much distance between devices||PC is not connected to the internet|
Follow the fixes mentioned further on this page and learn how to resolve the url//192.168.1.1 not working issue in a matter of minutes.
Some Netgear routers do not have 192.168.1.1 as their IP address. They may vary. Some examples include 192.168.1.254, 192.168.10.1, and 192.168.1.0. Thus cross-check the user manual of your router and confirm the router’s IP before entering it.
How to Access 192.168.1.1 to Change Router Settings?
Fix 1: Connect the PC to the Router Again
One of the biggest reasons why accessing a website gets difficult is because of a weak internet connection. Chances are that you are unable to access http://192.168.1.1 because of the same reason, as mentioned above.
- Move the cursor of your mouse to the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Select the option and locate the network name/SSID of your router.
- You will be asked to enter the WiFi password.
- Enter the WiFi password of your Netgear router.
- Click the CONNECT button and wait for some time.
Your PC will get connected to the internet. Now, try to access url //192.168.1.1. Are you able to? No? Follow the next tip to continue learning how to fix the issue.
Fix 2: Reduce the Unwanted Distance
Another reason why a weak internet connection might be stopping you from accessing the 192.168.1.1 admin page is because there is too much distance between the Netgear router and the existing modem. This can prevent WiFi signals from propagating throughout the house.
In this case, you need to pull the networking device a little closer to each other. While doing so, keep the following points in mind:
- There should be a distance of 100 meters between the devices.
- The router and modem ought to be kept in the same room.
At last, neither the router nor the modem should have electronic devices placed near them.
Fix 3: Input the Correct IP Address This Time
Agh! Entered the wrong web address? Made typing errors or did you use the wrong IP address altogether? Well, whatever the situation might be, you need to enter 192.168.1.1 again. Here is what you need to remember while doing so:
- There should be zero typing errors in the router login IP address.
- The IP address should be entered in the address bar or URL field on the browser.
192.168.1.1. can also be used for routers belonging to other brands. However, their username and password may vary. You can refer to the following examples for the same:
|Linksys Routers||Netgear Orbi Routers||Asus Routers|
|Username: admin||Username: admin||Username: admin|
|Password: admin||Password: password||Password: admin|
Fix 4: Clear the Cache of Internet Browser
Access the Settings of your internet browser and check if it is accumulated with cache. In case, it is, then clear it. Although this will help you resolve the http://192.168.1.1 router login IP not working issue, on the off chance it does not, use the PRIVATE WINDOW mode.
After following these fixes, you will easily be able to access the IP address of your router. Now, the time has come for you to learn how to change the admin password of your Netgear router.
Steps to Change Netgear Router Password via 192.168.1.1.
- Start the process by opening an internet browser on your PC.
- Ensure that the PC is connected to the network of the Netgear router.
- In the address bar, enter http://192.168.1.1.
Avoid using the search bar of the internet browser to do this.
- A login window will appear.
- Enter the user name as admin. Enter the admin login password.
This USER NAME option might or might not appear depending on your router.
- Select Advanced > Administration > Set Password.
- In case you are using a gaming router, select Settings > Administration > Set Password.
- Type the current password of your networking device twice.
- Click on the Apply or “Save” button. Your settings will get saved.
In this manner, you will be able to complete the process of changing the admin login password of your Netgear router using the default IP address, i.e. 192.168.1.1.