192.168.1.1 | Router Default IP
192.168.1.1 is an IP address used by many wireless routers and modems. With the help of this address, WiFi routers can be accessed to customize network name and password, change settings, upgrade firmware and much more. However, IP address depends on the router brand you use. To access the router default IP, follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser of your choice.
- Enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- Hit Enter.
- The login page will appear.
- Type the username and password.
- Click on the Login button.
How to Find Router Default IP?
WiFi routers are available in different models such as R9000 AD2700, WNR2000 N300, WNDR3400 N600, R6050 AC750, R6120 AC1200, R6700 AC1750, R6900 AC1900, R7900 AC3000, XR500 AC2600 and a lot more. Every model has its own default IP address. So, first of all, find out the default IP for router you use. Let’s have a quick look at the complete steps:
- Open Command Prompt on computer.
- Type the configuration command and press Enter key.
- Next, launch any internet browser.
- Log in to router configuration interface.
- Here, find out the IP address of router or main access point.
And there you are. As soon as the IP address has been found, use it to open Router Default Login page.
How to Access Router Admin IP Address?
The router admin IP address opens the login page for routers where several settings like WAN and WLAN settings, username and password, proxy block, security settings, hosting preferences, and a lot more can be customized as per the needs.
Here are the steps to log in to WiFi Router through the admin IP:
- Make a connection between modem and router. Ensure that the connection is finger-tight.
- Launch any web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, Edge or Safari.
- Write the default IP in the address bar and press Enter key.
- The sign in page will open asking username and password.
- After logging in successfully, change settings according to your requirements.
Change Router Login Admin Password
When you purchase a new WiFi Router for house or workplace, it comes with its own default settings. Even router is only accessible with default username and password. After that, these login credentials can be changed for your convenience. And for the security purpose, it is very important to change the default router password. Let’s have a look at the following steps to change 192.168.1.1 IP Login Admin Password:
- Open an internet browser on computer.
- Navigate to the default admin web page.
- The login page will display.
- Type the default username and password.
- The basic welcome screen appears.
- Go to Advanced tab.
- Type the old password and then new password.
- Re-enter new password.
- Once done, you will be redirected to login screen.
- Type new password and log in to your router.
Facing issues with Admin Password?
While creating a new password, make sure that it is a strong one. In order to access your router, you need a password. Keep these tips in mind while creating an admin password:
- A strong password is a combination of lower case, upper case, punctuation, special symbols, and numbers.
- Avoid using your birth date, 12345, abcde, password or nickname as password.
- Don’t ever use your mobile number as your password.
192.168.1.1 Not Working?
Can’t access router IP address? Don’t worry. Here are some possible quick fixes of 192.168.1.1 not working issue:
- Re-type the default IP address in browser window. Maybe you have entered wrong IP address.
- Make sure the web browser is downloaded from a reliable source, not from third-party links. It is suggested to uninstall the browser and install it again.
- Try restarting your computer or laptop.
- Check if the computer is connected to right WiFi network. Ensure it has not joined another network e.g. public WiFi or neighborhood network by mistake.
- Set a static IP address on computer.
- Verify wired connections once and try logging in again.
How to Enable Port Forwarding on Your Router?
When a router port has been forwarded, it makes a computer on local network accessible to other PCs on internet. The computer on local network uses router to collect data from a website. After getting the data, the router checks it once and then transmits it to local network’s computer. But if port forwarding feature on router is enabled, this entire process becomes a lot faster.
Here are steps to enable port forwarding on your WiFi Router:
- Find the local IP address of computer or laptop which you use.
- Open a web browser and go to the sign in page.
- Fill in username and password.
- Select the Port Forwarding radio button.
Thus, port forwarding on router or gateway can be enabled.