Can’t You Perform Netgear R6120 Setup? Here’s What to Do!
Looking to bring seamless internet connectivity to every corner of your home by setting up Netgear R6120 WiFi router? Can’t you make the WiFi router operational? Here’s what you can do to perform the Netgear R6120 setup on the fly.
Netgear routers are globally popular because of offering ease-of-use and smooth WiFi coverage. But sometimes, there are few things that make a hash and hamper the overall experience of users. Among all, doing the set up of these tiny devices is one of the biggest challenges for many. If you are also looking for the solution to make your R6120 up and running, read on to know how to make your WiFi working and blanket your entire home with WiFi coverage.
Getting Started with Netgear R6120 Setup
Before you kick off the process to set up your Netgear WiFi range extender, one important thing that you should keep in mind is to choose an optimal location for your router so that you no longer have to deal with no internet or dead zones in your home. Your router must be installed in close proximity to your existing modem. Also, consider placing it in the open and within the reach of a working power outlet.
A Netgear router can be installed and configured using various methods. Below we’re going to list all the router setup methods out of which you can use the one that best suits you. Here we go:
Netgear R6120 Setup using Manual Method
- Once you are all done with unpacking and placing your router, it’s time to plug the device into a power source and turn it on.
- Now get access to an Ethernet cable and connect one end of it to the router and another end to the port of your modem.
- Wait a while and let all the LEDs on your router turn Green.
- Now, launch a web browser and enter the default web address of your Netgear router.
- routerlogin.net is the default web address for the Netgear R6120 WiFi setup.
- As soon as you enter the address in the address bar of your browser and hit the Enter key, you will be directed to the configuration page.
- Reaching here, log in to your router by using the default username and password.
- The default credentials can be found in the Netgear router manual. If you can’t find the details, feel free to contact our expert team for assistance.
- Hitting the Login button will take you to the dashboard of your Netgear R6120 WiFi router.
- Choose a name (SSID) for your WiFi network and select encryption.
Quick Tip: Changing the default password is also a good idea to make your WiFi secure. So, do the same if you want to gift an additional layer of security to your Netgear router.
Following the on-screen instructions, you will be able to complete the set up of your R6120 with ease.
Netgear R6120 Setup using Nighthawk App
Netgear has also offered a designated app for users to make the setup process of their router super easy. To install your R6120 using the Nighthawk app, here’s what you need to do:
- Power up your Netgear router.
- Get access to your smartphone and navigate to the App Store/Play Store.
- Search and install the Netgear Nighthawk App on your device.
- Once done, run the app by accepting its terms and conditions.
- If you have not yet created your Netgear account, then create one.
- If already done, then log in to your Netgear router using the email ID and password you used for creating an account.
- The dashboard of your Netgear R6120 will appear on your device’s screen.
The app will then guide you with various instructions. You are suggested to follow all the instructions carefully to successfully complete the Netgear router setup.
Netgear R6120 Setup using WPS Method
If you don’t want to mess with any of the settings of your WiFi router, then this is the method to use for your router setup.
- All you need to do is, press the physical WPS button on your router after turning the device on.
- On your device, then, select the network you want to connect to and make your WiFi router working.
These are the methods to perform Netgear R6120 Setup. If you are facing any issues while executing the process, our experts would be more than happy to assist you to fix your WiFi problems.