Q1. How to manually configure WiFi Router using Genie Wizard?
- Connect WiFi Router and modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug in the modem to an electrical socket.
- Turn on the router.
- Launch a browser and type router default IP address.
- Log in to the router using a valid username and password.
- The Genie Setup Wizard will open.
- A new window will be shown on the screen.
- At last, click on Next button.
Finally, the configuration page displays. Here, you can make setting changes as per the requirements.
Q2: How do I connect my WiFi router?
In order to set up and configure the router, you need to connect it first through the web user interface i.e. routerlogin net. Don’t know how to connect router? Fret not as it is not as complicated as it sounds. Just a few simple steps and you are done.
- Find the default IP of your router using command prompt.
- Next, open any internet browser and type the IP in the URL bar.
- Once done, press Enter key.
- Connect your router to the modem.
- Turn on the router.
- Select the available wireless network.
- Type password of your choice and click on Continue.
- At last, click on Finish button.
If the login page opens properly, it signifies that the router has been connected.
Q3: How can I access my router login page?
- Plug the router into a wall socket.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect router and modem with each other.
- Launch any web browser on a smart device.
- Allocate a static IP address to PC and laptop.
- Enter the default URL in the address bar.
- The login page will appear.
- Enter the username and password.
- Once done, click on Log In button.
Q4: How to change router admin password?
- Make sure router is plugged into an active power source.
- Connect the router to modem.
- Open the Smart Wizard page.
- The basic welcome screen appears.
- Click on Set Password option.
- Enter old password and then the new one.
- Re-type new password for security purpose.
That’s it. The router admin password has been changed. Don’t forget to write down the password on a sticky note.
Q5: How do I reset my router to default factory settings?
Q6: How do I secure my wireless network?
- Go to the default web GUI of your router.
- Enter the login details to proceed further.
- On the basic home page, choose WPA option.
- Enter the password.
- Re-type the new password.
Now, your network is password protected.
Q7: How to update Router Firmware?
Almost all router manufacturers introduce new firmware versions from time to time. New updates come with the performance improvements and additional security features.
When you log in to your router, a message will appear at the very top of screen if new update is available. Just click on that message and download the new firmware update.