How to Change Netgear Router Default Password?
Although Netgear has made it easy for users to make their routers up and running without any hassle using the default password, the company also recommends personalizing the login details for keeping the device secure from unauthorized access. If you have not yet changed the default Netgear router login password, then we’ve got you covered. In this blog, we will take a look at steps on how to change Netgear router default password in a matter of minutes.
Change Netgear Router Default Password
To change the password of your Netgear router follow these steps:
- Make sure your Netgear router is plugged into a working socket and the power LED on it is showing green.
- Now, launch a web browser on your computer. Keep in mind to open an internet browser that is up-to-date as well as is free of cache and cookies.
- Type routerlogin.net in the URL field and press the Enter key.
- As soon as you complete the step, you will find yourself on the Netgear router login page.
- This is where you need to fill the Netgear router default password into the field given.
- After entering the desired details into its respective field, click Log In.
- The web graphical user interface of your Netgear router will appear.
- Reaching here, navigate to Settings > Advanced.
- Under the Administration tab, locate the Set Password option.
- Selecting it, you will be prompted to type your old as well as the new password.
- So, do the same.
Quick Tip: While replacing the Netgear router default password with the personalized one, make sure you add special characters, digits, and alphabets to it. Besides, avoid using personal details as the password.
- You need to type your new password twice.
- We suggest you also select the Enable Password Recovery option while changing the Netgear router default password. This will help you recover your password just in case you forget it.
- Once done with setting a new password for your router, hit Apply to let the changes get saved.
This was all about how to change Netgear router default password. You can now log in to your router via routerlogin.net using the updated password. Just in case, routerlogin.net not working for you, try to access the login page using the default IP.
It has been found that users sometimes are not able to log in to their routers after changing the Netgear router default password. If the same issue is bothering you, here’s how to get it fixed.
Troubleshoot: Netgear Router Login Issues
- Verify Password: As soon as you are done with entering your new password into its respective field, consider verifying it. Perhaps, you have committed a typing mistake while entering the login details, leading you to the Netgear router login issue.
- Turn off Caps Lock Key: Passwords are case-sensitive. If the Caps Lock key of your device is turned on while entering the password, then also you will not be able to get success with the router login process. Thus, turn the Caps Lock key off and try logging into your device once again to see if it works for you.
- Clear Cache from Web Browser: Chances are, due to the cache stored on your web browser, you are unable to get success with the router login process. To get the issue fixed, clear cache from your web browser.
- Reboot Your Router: Lastly, a technical glitch in the device can also stop you from logging into your router after changing the Netgear router default password. So, it is a wise decision to reboot your router by unplugging its cable from the wall outlet. After a while, plug in the power cable back to its outlet and try to log in to your router.
This is all about how to change Netgear router default password and fix various login issues. If you need any more assistance while executing the process, get in touch with us for quick assistance.