How to Enable Circle Smart Parental Controls on WiFi Router?
Are you worried about what your kid does online all day? Well, to ease out the worry of parents like you, Netgear now comes embedded with an amazing feature called Circle Smart Parental Controls. By enabling this feature on your Netgear wireless router, you will be able to limit daily internet times for websites and apps, set bedtimes, and even view browsing history.
This post will walk you through the guidelines to enable the Circle Smart Parental Controls feature on your home router. So, quit being lazy, and get down to some reading.
Which Routers Support Circle Smart Parental Controls?
Before you learn how to enable the Smart Parental Controls feature, make sure you have one of the following Netgear/Nighthawk routers installed in your home. Only these devices support the feature we are talking about:
Now, walk through the below-mentioned instructions in order to enable Circle Smart Parental Controls on your Netgear wireless router.
Set Up Circle Smart Parental Controls via Web GUI
With the help of the following steps, you can enable Circle Smart Parental Controls by accessing the Netgear router setup wizard:
- Plug your Netgear wireless router into an electrical outlet and power it on. Make sure that your device is getting an uninterrupted power supply from the wall outlet.
- Connect your Netgear router to the existing modem using a wired or wireless source.
Note: If you are using a wired connection for your devices, ensure that the wire is not damaged from anywhere.
- Switch on your computer.
- Launch an internet browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, etc.
- The next step in line is to access routerlogin.net.
Note: If you come across the routerlogin.net not working issue, consider using the default IP to log in to your Netgear router.
- Press the Enter key.
- When prompted, input the default login credentials.
- Click Log In.
- A window named ‘Enable Circle Smart Parental Controls’ will come into view.
- Click the Enable button.
- Toggle the slider to set up Circle Smart Parental Controls on your Netgear router.
- Click Apply.
That’s it! In this manner, you will successfully be able to enable the Circle Smart Parental Controls feature on your home router.
Set Up Circle Smart Parental Controls via Circle App
If you find it tedious to access routerlogin.net to enable the Smart Parental Controls feature on your Netgear router, then use the Circle app to get the job done.
Here are the steps you should follow in order to enable the feature on your WiFi device using the Circle app:
- Go to the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS) and download the Circle app.
Note: Do not perform any background activities while the application is getting installed. You wouldn’t want to face technical issues, right?
- Once the app gets installed, launch it on your mobile device.
- Tap the Get Started button.
- Input the default username and password of your Netgear router.
Note: Not sure about the default admin details of your wireless device? No problem! Refer to the user manual. You’ll surely find everything that you need in the manual.
- Tap the Log In button.
- A window named Account Details will prompt you to enter certain details.
- Fill in the required details and tap Continue.
- At last, tap the ‘Awesome’ button.
Once you are done enabling Circle Smart Parental Controls on your Netgear router, the next step is to set up your family profiles.
Contact Our Experts!
In case you face any issues while enabling the Circle Smart Parental Controls feature on your Netgear wireless router, feel free to get in touch with our technical experts. They will help you out regardless of what point you’re stuck at.