Netgear Nighthawk Router Login
After the Netgear router setup, are you not getting success in accessing the admin page of your wireless device? The information bestowed here will aid you. Here, we will discuss simple and easy-to-perform steps to overcome this problem. Follow them to make your way to the Netgear Nighthawk router login page in an easy way.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Login Using Nighthawk App
The first approach to accessing the Nighthawk router login page is quite simple. This method requires the users to take the help of a mobile application called the Nighthawk app. For this, follow the steps given below. Before you start, you need to verify that your mobile phone is connected to the Nighthawk router’s WiFi.
1. Download the Nighthawk App
- The very first step to accessing the login page is to download the Nighthawk app on your mobile device.
- You can download it from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
2. Open the App
- Once the Nighthawk app is installed, launch it.
- Avoid using the application downloaded from a third party or any random website.
3. Create an Account
- If you are using the Nighthawk app for the first time, you might get prompted to fill out a form for a Netgear account.
- For this, enter the personal details in the specified fields.
4. Log in to the Nighthawk Router
- As soon as you enter the details into the, tap on the Log In button.
- The BASIC Home screen or the router’s dashboard will make its way to your mobile screen.
- Now, you can manage your Nighthawk device the way you fancy.
Netgear Nighthawk Router Login Using Web Browser
The second method that helps the user to complete Netgear Nighthawk router login is the browser-based method a.k.a. the manual method. Here, the user needs to use the routerlogin.net URL or the 192.168.1.1 IP address. Go through the steps given below to access the Netgear admin page through this method:
Connect Nighthawk Router to Laptop or Computer
- Once a strong connection is made between the WiFi devices, switch on the laptop or computer.
- Navigate to the WiFi settings on your client device (tablet, laptop, or smartphone).
- Now, connect to the default network name (SSID) of your wireless router.
Launch an Internet Browser
- Open a web browser on your connected device.
- You can select any browser such as Opera, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Apple Safari.
- Make sure that the internet browser must be updated to its latest version.
Access the Default URL
- Now, go to the address bar of the browser and enter routerlogin.net into it.
- Once done, press the Enter key to proceed further.
- Wait for a few seconds to load the Nighthawk router login page.
Enter the Login Details
- On the Netgear router login page enter username or password in the given fields.
- Once you have done this, click on the Log In button.
In this way, you can easily access the Netgear Nighthawk router login page. Once you log in, you can easily change the settings of your router such as broadcast network name, view connected devices, parental controls, and update firmware etc.
Via this feature, you can keep track of what your kids are doing online, change internet access timings, etc. To set up Parental control follow the steps listed below:
- On the Basic Home screen, click on Parental Control.
- Thereafter Add New Profile and then Set Up.
- Now, type the profile name you are setting up.
- Click on the Continue option.
- Select the devices from the list that you want your child to have internet access on it.
- At last, click on Save/Apply button.
Change Admin Password
Once you log in, you can easily change your admin password. As soon as the BASIC Home page display. Select ADVANCED and then Administration. Once done, click on the Set password option. Here, enter the existing password and type the new password twice. At last, click on the Apply button.
Netgear releases firmware updates for its router firmware from time to time to boost the speed of its network. After the log in, you can easily upgrade your router. If you have no idea how to perform Netgear router firmware update then follow the steps given below:
- Go to BASIC Home screen.
- Select the ADVANCED >Administration> Router Update.
- After that, click on the Check button.
If your Nighthawk router finds any new firmware available and you want to download or install it, then click on the Yes button.
Change Dynamic DNS Settings
- To change the Dynamic DNS settings, select the Advanced option and then Advanced Settings>Dynamic DNS.
- The Dynamic DNS page will appear.
- Change your DNS account settings as required.
- Thereafter, click the Apply button.
Congratulations! Your changes are saved.