Don’t Know How to Setup Netgear Router WNR614?
In case you are one of those users who are not sure about how to configure Netgear WNR614 router, then you have landed on the right post. Here, we have talked about the Netgear router WNR614 setup process in detail. Apart from that, the process to update the firmware of the networking device has also been explained. Given this, continue reading.
How to Install Netgear WNR614 Router?
Position the Netgear Router
- Place the router in an area that has equal distance from the modem and computer.
- Do not keep the router near microwaves, cordless phones, washing machines, etc.
Also keep your router away from Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, refrigerators, treadmills, televisions, mirrors, fish tanks, aluminum studs, and much more.
- Keep the WNR614 router in an elevated location.
- At last, minimize the number of walls between the router and modem.
Supply Power to WNR614
- Locate a wall socket in your home and plug your router into it.
- On the Netgear WNR614 router, press the power button.
- Soon the LED light will turn green indicating that your device has powered up.
Connect Router to Devices
- Unplug the modem. In case it has a battery, remove it.
- After 30 SECONDS, plug the modem into the socket.
- Connect the modem to the router with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Thereafter, connect the computer to the Netgear router WNR614.
CONNECT WITH WIFI: Open the network list on the computer, locate the network name of the Netgear router WNR614, enter the WiFi password, and click the CONNECT button.
CONNECT WITH CABLE: Connect one end of the cable to the LAN ports on the rear panel of the router and another to the port located at the side of the computer.
Open an Internet Browser
- Switch on your computer and open up an internet browser on it.
- In the address bar of the web browser, enter http://www.routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1.
- Press the Enter key to get access to the next window.
Choose and Select Options
- You will be asked to agree to TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Do as needed.
- Then, you need to choose if you want Netgear Genie to help you further.
- Click on the NO button and configure the device manually.
- You will soon land on the ADMIN ACCOUNT SETTINGS page.
- Enter the login password that you want your Netgear router WNR614 to have.
Follow the On-Screen Prompts
- Answer the two security questions given on the screen.
- Click the NEXT button.
- You will be asked to update the firmware of your device.
- For now, it is suggested that you skip this.
- Register your Netgear router WNR614 and complete the setup process.
In this manner, you will be able to complete setting up the WNR614 wireless router. Now, to ensure that you get access to the latest features of the device, it is recommended that you execute the Netgear router firmware update process.
How to Update Netgear Router Firmware?
Here are the instructions which you need to follow to update the firmware of your Netgear router WNR614 to its latest version:
- Ensure that the computer is properly to the router.
- Visit NETGEAR SUPPORT and enter the MODEL NUMBER.
- Click DOWNLOADS. Select a firmware version and click DOWNLOAD.
- Unzip the file if needed and access routerlogin.net after that.
- Enter the password to LOGIN to the WNR614 router.
- Select ADVANCED > ADMINISTRATION > FIRMWARE UPDATE.
- Choose the file that you downloaded earlier and hit UPLOAD.
For your information, firmware update will take about TWO MINUTES to get completed.
After updating the firmware of your router, in case you come across any technical issues, then consider resetting your device.
What are the Steps to Reset Netgear WNR614 Router?
Read the below-given guidelines to restore your networking device to its factory default settings using the hard reset method:
- Look for the RESET button located on the WNR614 router.
- Once you find the Reset button, press it with an oil pin or paper clip.
- Wait for 30 SECONDS to 5 MINUTES so that the device properly resets.
- As soon as the networking device resets, it will start rebooting.
Are you done resetting the Netgear router WNR614? Now, set up the device from scratch by referring to the steps given above. Once you are done, enable various features on it like NAT Filtering, Access Control, etc to customize the router.