Router Login: How to Access Your Router and Change its Settings
Whether you want to change your home WiFi password, SSID, or any other setting, you have to log in to your Netgear wireless router. However, most users get stuck at this step only! They come across various issues while logging into their Netgear router. As a result, they can’t change their router’s settings. But you need not to worry. This post is all about the router login process and steps to change the Netgear WiFi router settings as per your requirements. Let’s get the ball rolling.
Router Login Steps
As we have earlier mentioned, you need to access the default router login page to tweak your Netgear wireless router’s settings. Here are the required steps to log in to your Netgear WiFi router:
- Power on your WiFi router by plugging it into a wall socket.
- Connect it to the modem using an Ethernet cable.
- Now, launch your preferred web browser.
- Type routerlogin.net in the URL bar and press the Enter key.
- You will be taken to the WiFi router login page.
- Fill in the admin username and password.
- Hit Log In.
So, you should now be logged into your Netgear WiFi router’s web admin panel.
Configure Your WiFi Router Settings
Change the Router Login Details
The first thing you should do after logging into your router is to change its default password to something more secure. On the off chance if you leave the default admin password as it is, someone else can access your router and mess with its settings. In order to change your WiFi router login admin password, do the following:
- Open an internet browser of your choice.
- Visit routerlogin web page.
- Log in to your WiFi router using the default user ID and password.
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Choose the Change Password option.
- Type the new password you want to keep.
- At last, save new settings by hitting the Apply button.
Remember that a strong password is at least 8 characters long and includes an amalgamation of numbers, special characters, and letters.
Change Router IP Address
You can change the router IP address by walking through the instructions highlighted below:
- Log in to your WiFi router using the current user ID and password.
- Click on the Setup section.
- Select the Network Settings option.
- Under the Router Settings option, enter the new IP address of your router.
- Once done, hit the Save button before leaving the web page.
As soon as you have changed the IP address of your WiFi router, you will no longer be able to access it via the old IP. So, remember this thing; otherwise, it can throw you off the next time you want to change the settings of your wireless router.
Change Your Network Name or SSID
SSID or Service Set Identifier is a technical term for network name. You are probably known to the fact that all WiFi networks are uniquely identified by a sequence of characters. In the event that you have never changed your WiFi router settings earlier, possibilities are that your WiFi has a very generic name. In order to change it to something more memorable, follow the below-given steps:
- Access the default Netgear router login web page via an internet browser.
- Click on the Setup section.
- Select the Wireless Settings option.
- Enter your new SSID.
- Save the setting changes made by you and let your router reboot.
While choosing a name for your home WiFi network, stay away from anything that might be interpreted as offensive. It is also recommended you that don’t try to make it appear as if your network is a public hotspot. Using a fake name for your WiFi network doesn’t have to do anything with your network security and privacy, but it can dramatically slow down your upload and download speeds. If you come across any kind of technical issue while changing your Netgear router settings, get in touch with our veteran experts right away.