Router Setup & Installation
Router Setup is an easy way to keep multiple devices like smartphones, computers, laptops etc. connected to internet. WiFi Routers are most used devices around the world due to the great security level they offer. To set up a router, just walk through our post and find the complete steps.
Follow the steps below to set up your router using Smart Setup Wizard:
- Connect router to modem using a cable.
- Put the router into a reliable wall plug.
- Go for the next step i.e. routerlogin.net setup.
- Open a web browser and head over to the default web GUI of your device.
- Access the setup page by entering username and password.
- Click on Next button.
- Save the settings by clicking on Next button.
After this, check the router connectivity once to see if your router has been configured properly.
Major Issues While Setting up Router
- Login page doesn’t open
- Setup for the first time
- Router IP access issues
- Browser installation problems
- Slow WiFi connectivity
- Issues with parental controls
- Unable to find the Default IP address
- Setting up router on Mac
- Can’t recover the password for home network
- DNS problems
- Firmware issues
- Can’t enable port forwarding feature
- Lost Admin password
- 192.168.1.1 is not working
- Unable to connect printer with router
- IP address filtering
- Security problems
How to create a secure WiFi network
So, you are done with Router Installation. But did you set up the router in a way that it makes a secure network for home or office? Keep the following tips in mind while setting up the router and make sure to build a secure wireless network:
- In case the router comes with external antennas, don’t forget to attach them with router as they help in expanding the network range to far corners of house or workplace.
- Keep the router away from devices which create interference in the path of wireless signals.
- Use a damage-free electrical socket and cut-free Ethernet cable.
- Change the default sign in credentials. Ensure to create a strong admin password.
- Remember to update the router firmware to latest version whenever available.
- Change the channel bandwidth for router or gateway.
Fix: Slow internet connection during Router Setup
Facing slow internet speed while installing your router? In this case, there is a need to change MTU size for router. MTU stands for Maximum Transmission Unit which refers the largest data packet sent by network. In case there is a lower MTU setting in the path of data then packets will split or fragment.
Benefits of Router Setup
A wireless router is meant to connect networks with each other. Once done with the installation, it routes the data packets on internet.
- Router determines the available routes and then creates and maintains a table along with these routes and their conditions.
- After that, the WiFi router utilizes some special algorithms to find out the best route for data packets.
- That’s how the setup helps users in accessing high-speed internet.
After completing the router installation process, users can enjoy online streaming of movies and music, play online games, browse the web, shop online and a lot more.