Troubleshooting Netgear Nighthawk M2 Red Light Issue
Mobile routers serve the purpose of providing reliable internet connection to multiple devices when you are out of the house. All you have to do is insert a SIM card and follow a few instructions appearing on the dashboard of the router. But, times show up when one of the most popular mobile routers brought in by Netgear Nighthawk M2 starts flashing the red light.
This is to inform that the red light appearing on the mobile router is capable of stopping you from accessing its web portal on devices connected to its network. It is similar to facing the routerlogin.net refused to connect error due to the red light on a general series of Netgear WiFi routers. That is why the troubleshooting tips to fix the red light on mobile router are as same as those to fix the same with normal routers.
Reasons: Netgear Nighthawk M2 Red Light Issue
First of all, we would like to shed light on the reasons that might be causing your mobile router to show the color red. The points mentioned below will help you understand the same.
- The router is running out of power.
- No internet connection is there.
- The firmware of your M2 router might be outdated.
So, these were the topmost reasons due to which the router is glowing red. The next section is loaded with the complete troubleshooting of the issue. But, before that, you are suggested to reboot your Nighthawk M2 router.
Rebooting Netgear Nighthawk M2
The Power button of your mobile router will help you reboot it. For this, you are suggested to press and hold the Power button on the M2 router for 5 seconds. The next thing you need to do is waiting for 10 minutes. Once done, press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds now. It will turn on the router. FYI, if press the button and quickly release it, your mobile router will wake. You must follow the same thing if you wish to switch between screens.
Resolved: Netgear Nighthawk M2 Red Light
1. Ensure Complete Power: All mobile routers support the use of a battery. Maybe, the Netgear Nighthawk M2 mobile router is running out of battery due to which you are seeing the red light. Therefore, you are suggested to ensure that the battery of your mobile router is completely charged. Till then, you can make it run on direct power. However, it is not always the battery or power due to which the red light on the router shows up. There is a possibility that the router’s battery is not inserted properly. Thus, you should ensure that the battery perfectly fits the casing. Apart from this, the casing is supposed to be clean and damage-free.
2. Ensure Stable Internet Connection: Poor internet connection was another reason due to which the Nighthawk mobile router M2 was glowing red. Therefore, you are suggested to ensure a stable internet connection. Verify if you have inserted the SIM card properly or not. The SIM card is supposed to be in a working state. Otherwise, the red light will keep appearing on the mobile router. And yes, be very certain about the damage-free status of the SIM port. One more thing we want to tell you with that; you must avoid placing that mobile router into a cupboard or a closed space. It might get overheat and hence flashes red.
3. Upgrade the Firmware: Like general Netgear routers, mobile routers brought in by the company also run on firmware. It means you have to go for Netgear firmware update in the case of your Netgear Nighthawk M2 router too. You can complete the process by accessing a web-based URL of your router on a device connected to its network. The Netgear router app can also help you with that. Just let the process get completed without any interruption. Otherwise, you will keep facing the same issue over and again.
To Sum Up
The red light can show up at any time on a Netgear Nighthawk M2 mobile router. But, it never means that you give up all hopes. You just need to have patience and give a shot at the hacks discussed in this write-up very carefully. Now, we hope that you will be able to address the red light issue carefully with your mobile router and resume your networking experience once again.