What is the Netgear Router Default IP address? Let’s Find Out!
You need Netgear router IP address to access the router configuration settings. Most of the home WiFi routers seize two IP addresses. One is used to communicate locally. By locally, we mean within the home network only and the local IP is known as the private IP address. On the other hand, the IP address used by the router to communicate outside the local network is known as a public IP address. Netgear router default IP address is a private IP address that can only access the router’s administrator.
You might be looking a little confused? Don’t worry! We will explain it to you.
Suppose you bought a new Netgear router and forgot to change its default local settings, including the default IP. The Netgear or the ISP supplies the IP address along with the router. When you try to perform the Netgear router setup, then you have to enter that particular IP address into the web browser in order to connect to your Netgear router’s console.
The Netgear router IP address is also known as the ‘default gateway’ address. The client’s device relies on the default gateway to get in touch with the world.
Understanding the Netgear Router Default IP Address
As we have mentioned above that every router comes with assigned IP addresses. They are, Private IP address and Public IP address. So, you can connect to the Netgear routerlogin.net web page when you are outside the private local network.
The router’s private IP address can be changed easily, but if you have never changed, then you are currently working on the default manufacturer’s configured IP address. From the router’s manual, it is easy to find the Netgear router’s default IP address.
But if you fail to find the Netgear IP address then don’t worry. With this easy-to-follow guide, you can better understand the process. So, keep reading folks!
Steps to Find Netgear Router Default IP Address
- Connect your Netgear router to the modem.
- Turn on your computer and press Windows + R key.
- The ‘Run’ dialog box will pop up in the bottom-left side corner of your desktop’s screen.
- In the ‘Open’ field, type ‘CMD’ and hit the ‘OK’ button or press the ‘Enter’ key.
- A new black screen will pop up on your desktop’s screen. Don’t worry, your computer is fine. It just the ‘Command Prompt’ screen, from where you can control your computer via commands.
- Here type ‘IPCONFIG’ and hit the Enter key.
- A list of information will display on the screen.
- Find out the ‘Default Gateway’ term. In front of the default gateway term, you will find an array of numbers. Note it down; it’s the default IP address of your Netgear router.
Now, you can easily log in to your Netgear router and can perform various tasks like Netgear router firmware update, apply various security protocols, etc.
If you still have a few queries left related to the Netgear router default IP address, get in touch with our experts.